Blog Journal 3

I feel most prepared to teach by formatting documents and presentations. I can also use icons, texts in media, video websites, and search tools (hyperlinks, side bars, key words). I have a little difficulty teaching through audio and creating audio/video formats myself. I would need to work on that and improve those skills. I am able to teach with digital sources in order to ask or answer questions. Digital text would be the easiest for me since I have always used that as a student. Lastly, I would like to improve my skills with charts, tables, graphs, and other forms of graphics and figures to use as basis for teaching.

When I become an educator I want to teach at the college level. I would prefer to use technology by having online discussion groups so that even if students were not in class they could get a grasp on what happened during class and still be involved in some way. I also like discussion group so that every student can have the opportunity to say their opinion on certain topics that they may not have felt comfortable with saying in class. I like email too for notifications and communication between students and professor.  I would also use PowerPoint to led in lecture so students get visual aid while listening. Finally, I really like Ted Talks. I think they are very informational and cover a lot of area in specific topics. They also allow for students to hear and understand different perspectives from people around the world with different backgrounds and people who have certifications and experience in what they are talking about.

I will address “netiquette” in my classroom so that students do not say rude/harmful things to one another in discussions online, or anywhere online for that manner. I will also teach students how to protect themselves and their profiles online for their own safety. I think this is important because it is so easy nowadays to find people online and see everything about them and what they are doing. Lastly, I would spend time teaching students about copyright laws so that they never have any issues with academic dishonest and so they never run into bigger trouble with the law if they use ideas or words from a company or another website.


By creating a newsletter I learned how to shade only specific text, which I really like so now I can highlight the main concepts in an article. I also learned how to make specific text be separated into 2 columns and I think that makes it looks nicer in cases such as this (a newsletter).  I also think being able to add a hyperlink and an email that can be directly clicked on and linked to is very cool and very helpful. I don’t like the page break as much because I am not really sure of where to put it sometimes. To improve next time, I think I could spend more time on the font and placement of certain article pieces so that it is easy to follow.

Comments

Popular Posts